Tools for Understanding Beginning Reading:
- Put Reading First – This is a great resource for people who are trying to understand beginning reading. It is a book (in PDF form) that is informative and easy-to-understand.
- Big Ideas in Beginning Reading – A teacher and parent friendly website that can be used to understand beginning reading.
- Reading Rockets/ Colorin Colorado (Spanish version)- This is an awesome website teachers and parents can use to support their young reader(s). It has plenty of links to other credible websites and videos.
- Florida Center for Reading Research– To learn more about reading and the most recent research that is being done, check out this website.
Lesson Plan Ideas and Teaching Guides:
- Kindergarten Activities – Reading foundational skills activities for kindergarten students, which are aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
- Reading Strategies – Throughout my blog, I have added some reading strategies for teaching. I like this website because it breaks down appropriate strategies as well as indicating when and how to use them appropriately.
- Graphic Organizers– If you are looking for some graphic organizers this website has a ton. It lists a bunch of ideas and gives explicit examples on when to use them. This link opens as a PDF.