- Kindle– FREE app. (You will have to pay for most books on this app.) I can order ebooks on Amazon to read either on my phone or on my Kindle. My favorite part about Amazon is that you can read a book on one device and then switch to another and it will pick up right where you left off! Personally, I prefer to read a regular book, but when I am traveling it helps cut down on things I’m carrying around.
- iBooks-FREE app. I love iBooks because you can buy books on it to read on the go. It is similar to the Amazon Kindle app where you can read books on your phone. Sometimes you will get lucky and can find special offers where the books are free too. I have found that there are some short novels that you can get for free.
- Audio Books– FREE app. This is a cool way to continue “reading” on the go. When you buy books on this app you can listen to them in the car, at the gym, or wherever you are.
- GoodReads-FREE app. This is the same as the (GoodReadsWebsite). Make an account and connect with your friends. Read reviews and write your own too. If you are up for a challenge, set reading goals for yourself and compete against your friends. There is a barcode feature so that you can scan books you are reading or want to read later on.
- Hoopla-FREE app. Borrow books, movies, and music all with just your library card. It is very easy to use. The one downside to this app is that you can only borrow 10 items per month and if you don’t use all of your items it does not roll over to the next month. On the upside, there is a wide range a materials for you to choose from.
- Overdrive-FREE app. This is similar to Hoopla but you can only check out 6 items at a time; however, you can return your items and check out another 6 in the same month(different from Hoopla). For this app you just need your library card as well.
***These apps are for Apple products but there is probably a version for each of the apps that is made for other electronic devices. Sorry for any inconvenience! ***